I found a sentence that made me think of words to write, I’d like to see where they lead, already they have taken me to another sentence which is making me think of even more new words to write I wonder where they will lead.

Saturday 20 February 2010

The beginning.

Discuss


Instead of inventing and telling stories, I’m going to make my life a more interesting story.
(Origins)



You can I suppose if you wanted to consider everybody’s life as a story and personally I don’t think when I get down to it there would be anyway that I could ever place one person’s life story as more interesting than another’s.

The way I see it, it all depends on what you think is an interesting story, It also makes me wonder how many people do take the time to consider whether their life is interesting, and then come up with the conclusion that their life is not.

I can see that people might come to the conclusion that life is boring. It’s just a different way of looking at things, yet I see each person’s life as interesting.

I’ve skimped out on going into a heavy detail on the question of

What is interesting?

And also, what is an interesting life?

For this piece I’ve decided that I’m just going to go along with new experiences being interesting.

In this case a message behind the sentence could be that an individual can actively do things different in order to make their life’s a more interesting story.

For example when on a bus steal the stranger in front of you’s hat then stand up ring the bus bell and say to everyone on the bus

“Bonjour my name is Clive”

In which case I could conclude that doing new or completely random things would then lead to making life a more interesting story

However it’s my personally opinion that life and peoples life’s always make for interesting story’s, no matter whether they stick to a routine or in fact do different things every day and the invention and telling of stories is a part of that too.

I will put my hand up and express that one part of my beliefs; a very small part does believe this to be a bit of a cop out, especially when considering the whole radical freedom revolution side of things.

This radical freedom revolution is a tiny sentiment at the back of my mind which believes that, any able body, can just down tools, go outside and walk, and just keep walking to see what happens.

It would mean no money, no possessions, yet all around there would be people to meet and places to see, every day would be different. You might get cold, you might get wet, you might go hungry, you might meet people, or you might be alone.

There would be places of natural beauty to enjoy, as well as cities too, who knows you might survive for a long time, then again you might die.

There must be people out there that do, do this but like a lot of things I feel it would take both a strong will and character.

For me that would be one way to completely change my own life, but whether it would be more interesting or not, well your guess would be as good as mine and right here right now I wouldn’t like to try it, or at least I don’t think I want too, that’s because I’m comfortable.

I also believe that type of existence would just be another life story, of no better or worse interest than any other.

Which for some reason brings two phrases to the fore front of my mind it’s all good, and same shit different day.

Another thing it’s made me think off is, am I too comfortable; or, are we too comfortable, and finally what exactly is the benefit of being comfortable anyway?

9 comments:

  1. This is a recorded conversation discussing the sentence, alas the first half was unrecorded,

    however this part comes to the point when two friends Ommbala and Sir Jenkins came to a conclusion,

    only doing things that you do not want to do will make your life an interesting story.

    Ommbala: “I am getting intrigued, I’d like to do it in another country, I think it would be easier Which I guess means I’ll have to do it in England, bugger! Should have said, I really want to do it in England”

    Sir Jenkins: “the problem of course would be that you want to do things that you don’t want to do, the only way to do it would be for someone you know to organise everyone else to do things you don’t want to happen, this is so that you are totally against the idea”

    Ommbala: “well I just done one myself I want to do it not in England, so I have to do it in England”

    Sir Jenkins “definitely, because you don’t want to do it there”

    Ommbala: “I’m not going to kill a baby”

    Sir Jenkins “good man!!”

    Sound of laughter.

    Sir Jenkins “purely for interest”

    Ommbala: “you up for it”

    Sir Jenkins “nope, definitely not”

    Ommbala: “Good me neither”

    Sir Jenkins “then you have to do it, for interest’s sake and when you want to give up, you have to make it worse”

    Ommbala: “as do you”

    Sir Jenkins “no, because I secretly do want to do it,

    Ommbala: “so do I”

    Sir Jenkins “therefore I’m out, but I know you really don’t want to do it because you’re in England”

    Ommbala: “I really do want to do it just not forever”

    Sir Jenkins “I can tell you don’t, you want that you do want to do it, but you don’t,
    I’ve actually forget whether that is good”

    Sound of Sir Jenkins pissing himself.

    Ommbala: “it is an amazing revelation it would be great to do loads of stuff you didn’t want to do for a day and no secretly wanting to do it really”

    Sir Jenkins: “love this shit don’t think it’s been done before would make quite a story and is definitely interesting

    Sound of Ommbala laughing.

    Ommbala: “Are there any people nearby?”

    Sir Jenkins: “nah, just me I’m in a Christian mission not cos I’m a Christian, but cos the food is cheap and people are ridiculously friendly

    Ommbala: “Kaiser Soze, if there are people about I recommend you pick up the keyboard and start licking it, then finish by shoving it down your pants”

    Sir Jenkins: “show me the story when you have done the bad things”

    Ommbala: “I guess I will, of course I might just imagine doing the bad things and not actually do them either way you will only be able to guess at the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rory Mcgrath writes.

    Do people think about the people they
    meet in the same way they think about a book?

    Both can kinda take over your thoughts but I think generally there is a barrier to the
    acceptation of another persons life as a story we can follow,

    its too close to our own maybe or at keast we are preoccupied with our own.

    Maybe through creation and providing a distance, focusing on a piece of our world we want people to focus on, the ideas we value,

    but im sure there are loads of values we wouldnt share with other people
    and hold just because it is not how we want to think, how we want to
    present ourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salaam writes,

    My opinion on the notion, “Instead of inventing and telling stories, I’m going to make my life a more interesting story”

    is that this statewment represents a practical person's decision to lead a more outgoing life.

    It hints at a bitterness, involved with the fabrication of the truth and lack of endeavor to personally live out those truths, but it also suggests a forward looking outlook.

    The idea of life as a story is persoanlly appealing, though still encouched in fantasy, and i think the resolve to tell the truth and live an intersting life is a positive and pragmatic approach.

    Whether this resolve leads to an more interesting life is highly debatable.

    Go gently

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't believe there is a benefit to being comfortable. In fact, if one is too comfortable, it may be harmful. One who is too comfortable will never take risks, and will therefore never feel any thrill in life. Never stepping outside your boundaries can be detrimental, sure it's uncomfortable, but you'll never see the bigger picture in life if you stay at the bottom of the hill and never climb to the top. It's gonna be hard, and you may wanna quit and stay put, but you just can't. You need to see everything, feel everything, even if it's uncomfortable, or else you'll never see life for what it really is. momentum-it's what keeps us going, and when you're comfortable, you're not moving. You're not experiencing. Thus you won't learn, feel, or know, anything other than what you are told. You'll become ignorant,oblivious, and basically half dead. If you don't take chances, YOU'RE NOT LIVING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. itszhivago.blogspot.com...was this from my writing? i am honored. arokisky@kent.edu. get in touch

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes it all began from your writing, perfect, i hoped it would be a positive journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Earth Flower Writes:

    i think telling stories and inventing things can make life more
    interesting. just as having an interesting live can make stories more
    interesting. therefore i would say they are not mutually exclusive.
    also, if you are 'trying' to make life more interesting, are you not
    that doing that in order to tell good stories. are you not just
    inventing things to make life more interesting?
    seeee its just all interjingled/jangled all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you please delete my comment above (ana's the name) which has my email address? I no longer have access to that profile.

    Cheers x

    ReplyDelete